This week, it's all about meal-prepping for breakfast, dessert or a pre-workout snack. This crumble is absolutely delicious, simple to make and features the Melbourne-made Paleo Pure Muesli. This is not a sponsored post, I just love this local, organic and delicious muesli made right here in Melbourne.
(makes 6 servings)
- 800 g canned granny smith apples (100% fruit with no juice or syrup) or fresh, apples peeled and sliced.
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 500 g rhubarb, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cups Paleo Pure muesli (or a high quality muesli)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Place the apple in a non metallic baking dish and sprinkle with the cinnamon and set aside.
- In a medium pot, add the water, rhubarb and 1/2 tsp. coconut sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce immediately to a low simmer for 10 minutes, or until the rhubarb softens.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rhubarb into the baking dish and spread evenly on top of the apple.
- In a bowl, mix the almond meal and muesli together. Spread the mixture on top of the fruit and sprinkle with the remaining coconut sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fruit is soft and the crumble top is slightly browned.
- Serve with your choice of yogurt or a high quality ice-cream for dessert!
- Transfer into glass, airtight containers and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.