This easy and tasty recipe is the perfect transition when you want to swap the toast for a less processed and more nutrient dense breakfast option. These fritters are perfect when served underneath poached eggs, as part of a primal big brekky or topped with smashed avo, cracked pepper and fresh lemon.
- 1 medium sweet potato (400g/14oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning (check for hidden sugars)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel the sweet potato and grate using a food processor or cheese grater.
- In a large bowl, crack the egg and whisk. Add the sweet potato, salt, pepper and Moroccan seasoning to the egg and mix well.
- Heat the coconut oil over high heat and add the batter to fit as many fritters as possible in your pan (. cup or 3 tbsp at a time).
- Fry for 2. minutes on each side. The edges should start to brown and the fritter will hold together when you flip it.
- When done, remove from the pan and serve warm. Fritters are a great replacement for toast, pancakes or on their own.
Tip: Once cooked, the fritters freeze well in an airtight container or bag. Pop them in the toaster to defrost on the spot!