Welcome to our first "primal meal-prep" post, a collection of recipes designed to make your weekly meal-prep easier, tastier and more exciting. This recipe has been used over and over again at our place. It's so easy to make and can be whipped up in the background while you catch up on housework or carry on with your Sunday.
All weekly meal-prep recipes are designed to keep refrigerated in glass food containers for 3-4 days, and can be paired with your choice of sides to make the perfect take-away lunch, dinner, breakfast or snack.
(makes 6 servings)
- 4 tbsp. cold-pressed macadamia nut oil or primal (liquid) fat of choice
- 3 tbsp. cajun seasoning (find one with no sugar or make your own)
- 1/4 tsp. salt, freshly ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts (~1 kg)
- 4 chicken thighs (~ 300 g)
- 1 lemon, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tsp. paprika flakes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/356oF and line a baking dish with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, cajun seasoning, salt and garlic into a paste.
- Place the chicken thighs and breasts into the baking dish in a single layer. They can touch, but not overlap.
- Using a basting brush, coat both sides of the chicken with the spice-oil mixture. Top with the lemon slices.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 32-35 minutes, or until just cooked through. When cut with a knife, the flesh should be white and juices clear. Let the chicken rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cool, slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and divide into 5-6 lunch containers.
- Serve with a sprinkle of paprika flakes, alongside your choice of veggies and/or carbohydrates. This week, we're having ours with green peas and cauliflower and carrot puree.
- These lunches should last, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.
per serving: cal 365 / fat 15 g / protein 53 g / carbs < 2 g